Red Bay Coffee was founded with a clear social mission: to bring beautiful coffee to the people.
What does beautiful coffee mean to us? It’s high quality and makes a high impact in our community, on the environment, and with our coffee producers.
Since Red Bay Coffee was founded in 2014, we’ve had a firm commitment to social and environmental responsibility. Today, we are proud to announce that we’re now a Certified B Corporation.
While there are only 2,500 B Corps in the world, these companies reach the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility through a rigorous certification process.
The B Corp certification is recognition of the values we uphold every day by:
- Hiring people who have traditionally been left out of the specialty coffee industry, especially people of color, the formerly incarcerated, women and people with disabilities
- Paying a premium to our coffee producers - we pay more than double the market price which helps our producers around the world improve coffee production and provides community services and education
- Responsibly sourcing our coffee through direct and/or fair trade and working with women-owned cooperatives
- Creating sustainable practices with our farm partners
- Donating coffee and venue space to schools and nonprofits
Together, we are leading a new movement with a focus on equity, environmental responsibility, and social awareness and bringing beautiful coffee to the people.