Limited Release - Mexico Chiapas
Milk Chocolate, Asian Pear, Cinnamon
Photo Credit: Evan Gilman
CHIAPAS SINGLE ORIGIN
- Region: Bella Vista, Chiapas
- Elevation: 1700 MSAL
- Variety: Bourbon, Caturra, Catimor
- Processing method: Washed
- Chiapas Single Origin is a nuanced and elegant where the sweetness and acidity are balanced.
- Our Mexico Chiapas Bella Vista is sourced from 38 family-owned farms located within the municipality of Bella Vista, deep in the Chiapas region of Mexico, and is the birthplace of Rosalba Cifuentes Tovia, founder of Mayan Harvest.
- Mayan Harvest, an export and import company, works with producers on improving coffee harvesting and processing to get more competitive prices. Many of these producers own small plots of land (averaging 5 acres), so these increased premiums have a significant effect on their livelihoods and allows them to reinvest in better agricultural practices.
- As an advocate for the community, Mayan Harvest exports coffee directly to the Bay Area to ensure traceability and provides medical and dental assistance to its members. The majority of the Mayan Harvest producers are women-owned farms.
- Rosalba splits her time between Bella Vista and Berkeley, California. This is the second year that Mayan Harvest has exported coffee.